- China launches Shenzhou 13 astronauts on historic mission to new space stationon October 15, 2021 at 4:44 pm
The Shenzhou 13 mission launched from the Gobi Desert today (Oct. 15), sending three astronauts toward China’s new space station for a six-month stay.
- SkEye app reviewon October 15, 2021 at 4:36 pm
An impressively advanced and free stargazing app, SkEye is a great guide for serious stargazers or beginners looking for an in-depth look at the night sky.
- Live now: Watch the 2021 International Mars Society Convention online this weekon October 15, 2021 at 3:57 pm
The 24th Annual International Mars Society Convention begins Thursday (Oct. 14), and you can watch the whole thing online for free.
- Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8 ED lens reviewon October 15, 2021 at 3:43 pm
An ultra-wide zoom lens with fast focusing, the Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8 ED is a robust workhorse delivering pin-sharp results and a versatile focal length range
- Drone Regulations: Everything you need to knowon October 15, 2021 at 3:35 pm
We tell you everything you need to know about drone regulations and flying legally.
- Space Chat! William Shatner’s emotional spaceflight, China’s space station flight and incredible new scienceon October 15, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Today (Oct. 15), Space Chat will explore what’s new in space, including William Shatner’s emotional spaceflight, China’s second ISS launch and some amazing new space science!
- Opticron Adventurer II WP 10×50 binoculars reviewon October 15, 2021 at 2:29 pm
These Opticron Adventurer II WP 10×50 binoculars have large objectives lenses, 10x magnification, and high quality optics to provide excellent views of the heavens
- The HTC Vive Flow is a $499 VR headset that doesn’t need a PCon October 15, 2021 at 2:24 pm
HTC’s new portable VR headset, the HTC Vive Flow, is looking to bring virtual reality to the masses.
- Virgin Galactic delays next crewed space launch to 2022on October 15, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Virgin Galactic won’t fly another crewed space mission this year after all.
- China to launch second space station crew todayon October 15, 2021 at 1:48 pm
China is all set to launch its second crew of three astronauts to its new space station — including the first woman to visit the orbiting outpost.
- NASA’s Lucy probe will visit 8 asteroids in 12 years. Here’s how it will work.on October 15, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Squeezing flybys of eight asteroids, most in a completely unexplored region of space, into just 12 years is a challenge, but that’s exactly what NASA’s newest mission will do.
- Best Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodeson October 15, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Featuring epic lightsaber duels and galaxy-sized plot twists, we take a look at the best Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes.
- Binoculars deals: The lowest prices on Celestron, Nikon and moreon October 15, 2021 at 11:58 am
Here are all the best binoculars deals currently available, with options for both adults and kids who love stargazing.
- Telescopes for sale: The best prices on Newtonians, Dobsonians and moreon October 15, 2021 at 11:50 am
We’ve rounded up the latest telescopes for sale, including popular brands like Meade, Sky-Watcher and Orion.
- The Expanse streaming guide: Where to watch The Expanse onlineon October 15, 2021 at 11:32 am
With season six fast approaching, we’ve put together our The Expanse streaming guide to help you catch up on seasons 1-5 before the epic conclusion drops.
- Pictures from space! Our image of the dayon October 15, 2021 at 11:00 am
New high-resolution satellite images reveal lava rivers spilling from the Cumbre Vieja volcano on the Spanish island of La Palma as the devastating eruption shows no signs of stopping.
- Meteorite crash-lands in woman’s bed in Canadaon October 15, 2021 at 10:52 am
A meteorite that landed in British Columbia crashed through a roof and narrowly missed hitting a woman who was asleep in her bed at the time.
- NASA’s Lucy asteroid probe has a time capsule plaque with messages to future humanson October 15, 2021 at 10:39 am
The Lucy mission will carry on the NASA deep-space tradition of bringing a commemorative plaque along for the cosmic ride.
- Hidden exoplanets may trigger auroras on distant starson October 15, 2021 at 10:39 am
Mysterious radio signals may blast out from auroras on distant stars triggered by hidden planets, a new study finds.
- The HR Drone for kids is 61% off on Amazon in this pre-Black Friday dealon October 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
The drone comes with many-user friendly features, and you can save over $66.
- First discovery of planet orbiting dead star provides glimpse into our solar system’s futureon October 15, 2021 at 10:32 am
The first-ever discovery of a planet orbiting a dead star suggests that some worlds in our solar system have a chance to survive the sun’s violent demise some five billion years from now.
- On This Day in Space! Oct. 15, 1997: Cassini-Huygens probe launches to Saturnon October 15, 2021 at 10:16 am
On Oct. 15, 1997, NASA launched the Cassini spacecraft on a mission to explore Saturn and its moons. See how it happened in our On This Day In Space series.
- Nikon D5600 camera reviewon October 15, 2021 at 8:55 am
The Nikon D5600 falls right in the middle of Nikon’s camera lineup and is well suited to enthusiasts and keen amateurs looking to expand their knowledge
- New ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ trailer for season 4 still sounds like every other seasonon October 14, 2021 at 9:50 pm
A new trailer for the fourth season of “Star Trek: Discovery” dropped during the New York Comic Con panel on Saturday and we learn that a strange anomaly threatens the entire galaxy.
- William Shatner says Earth looked ‘so fragile’ from space on Blue Origin flight (video)on October 14, 2021 at 9:36 pm
The ‘Star Trek’ captain says he was ‘overwhelmed’ by contemplating life on our planet as he looked down at it from space.
- Prince William isn’t a fan of space tourismon October 14, 2021 at 6:59 pm
The heir to the British throne thinks the world’s brightest minds should focus on saving Earth rather than colonizing the solar system.
- Watch live today: NASA talks science of Lucy mission to Jupiter’s Trojan asteroidson October 14, 2021 at 6:10 pm
NASA’s Lucy mission will launch on Saturday to explore the Trojan asteroids. Watch live today as scientists and engineers explain the mission.
- The best sci-fi movies and TV shows to stream on Disney Plus in Octoberon October 14, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Here are the best space and science fiction movies and TV shows to watch on Disney Plus in October.
- Meet the Orion Service Module, the European-built brain of NASA’s new spacecraft for moon tripson October 14, 2021 at 5:01 pm
A precious cargo has arrived at Kennedy Space Center in Florida from Europe this week: The Europe-built service module that in 2023 will power the first human mission to the moon since Apollo.
- The rocket ride for NASA’s ambitious Lucy asteroid mission rolls out to launch padon October 14, 2021 at 4:26 pm
NASA’s newest asteroid probe, named Lucy, rolled out of United Launch Alliance’s vertical integration facility and onto the launch pad today (Oct. 14) ahead of its planned Saturday morning launch.