- Aug 4, Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction of Length | Measuring Lengthon August 4, 2021 at 8:57 pm
We will discuss here how to solve the word problems on addition and subtraction of length. To solve any word problem, we need to read each word carefully and select numbers carefully from the question to solve it.
- Aug 3, Metres and Centimetres Conversion | Converting cm to m and m to cmon August 3, 2021 at 8:42 pm
To convert meters into centimetres, we multiply the number of meters by 100. To convert centimetres into metres, we divide the number of centimetres by 100. To convert centimetres into metres and centimetres, we will first transform the given number of centimetres into
- Aug 2, Subtraction of Length | Learn How the Values of Length are Arrangedon August 2, 2021 at 8:45 pm
The process of subtraction of units of length is exactly similar to that of subtraction of ordinary numbers. Learn how the values of length are arranged in different columns for the subtraction of length. 1. Subtract 12 m 36 cm from 48 m 57 cm Solution:
- Aug 2, Addition of Length | Learn How the Values of Length are Arrangedon August 2, 2021 at 7:25 pm
The process of addition of units of length is exactly similar to addition of ordinary numbers. Learn how the values of length are arranged in different columns for the addition of length. 1. Add 15 m 18 cm and 16 m 22 cm
- Aug 1, Estimation of Line Segments | Approximate Value for Measurementson August 1, 2021 at 7:58 pm
We can estimate some lengths and distances using approximate value for measurements. For example, one meter is approximately the length from shoulder to fingertips of an adult. A meter is also approximately the distance of one large step or jump. You must have seen the cloth
- Jul 30, Constructing a Line Segment |Construction of Line Segment|Constructingon July 30, 2021 at 8:59 pm
We will discuss here about constructing a line segment. We know how to draw a line segment of a certain length. Suppose we want to draw a line segment of 4.5 cm length.
- Jul 30, Measuring the Line Segment | Measuring a Line Segment with the Helpon July 30, 2021 at 7:54 pm
We will discuss here about measuring the line segment i.e. how to draw and measure a line segment using scale or ruler. We can measure a line segment by two ways. (i) With the help of scale
- Jul 29, Standard Unit of Length | Unit Kilometre|Meter (m) and Centimetre (cm)on July 29, 2021 at 5:58 pm
What is the standard unit of length? We know some non-standard units of length like hand-span, cubit, etc., and also with standard units of length like meter and centimetre. We have seen a meter-rod
- Jul 28, Measurement of Length | Handspan | Cubit | Footspan | Strideon July 28, 2021 at 8:17 pm
We can measure objects by comparing them with other objects like clips, ribbons, pencils or using our body parts for example handspan, foot, cubit and stride. These are non-standard units of length.
- Jul 26, 3rd Grade Money Worksheet | Addition and Subtraction of Money |Answerson July 26, 2021 at 7:56 pm
In 3rd Grade Money Worksheet we will solve how to convert rupees into paise, how to convert paise into rupees, addition of money, subtraction of money and how to make a bill. Which is the highest value coin?
- Jul 25, 3rd Grade Geometrical Shape Worksheet | Solid Shapes | Tangramson July 25, 2021 at 8:12 pm
In 3rd Grade Geometrical Shape Worksheet we will answer the different type of questions on straight line, curve line, plane shape, solid shapes, drawing solids on a lat surface, and tangrams.
- Jul 22, Map Reading | Various Places | Symbols used in the Map | Directionson July 22, 2021 at 8:21 pm
A map is a drawing that gives us information about the place. For example, a map of a bedroom might show where the bed,, dressing table, cupboards are. A map of a city or a locality shows streets, highways, schools or landmark etc.
- Jul 20, Tangrams Math | Traditional Chinese Geometrical Puzzle | Triangleson July 20, 2021 at 8:37 pm
Tangram is a traditional Chinese geometrical puzzle with 7 pieces (1 parallelogram, 1 square and 5 triangles) that can be arranged to match any particular design. In the given figure, it consists of one parallelogram (6) one square (4) and five triangles (1. 2, 3,5 and 7)
- Jul 19, Drawing Solids on a Flat Surface | Solid Figures | Solid Shapeson July 19, 2021 at 6:03 pm
We can draw 3D shape like cube, cuboid, on a dotted sheet. There are two different sheets – ordinary sheet and isometric sheet. Isometric sheet is a special paper with dots at equal distance, which help us to draw 3D shapes.
- Jul 18, Basic Shapes | Geometry Activities | Geometrical Shapes |Solid figureson July 18, 2021 at 6:54 pm
In third grade geometry activities kids will learn about the basic shapes (solids). We know, about some of the geometrical shapes like cuboid, cube, cylinder, cone, sphere, triangular prism, etc.
- Jul 16, Types of Lines |Straight Lines|Curved Lines|Horizontal Lines| Verticalon July 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm
What are the different types of lines? There are two different kinds of lines. (i) Straight line and (ii) Curved line. There are three different types of straight lines. (i) Horizontal lines, (ii) Vertical lines and (iii) Oblique or slanting lines.
- Jul 14, Worksheet on Conversion of Rupees and Paise |Money Conversion|Currencyon July 14, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on rupees and paise to convert the given amount of money into paise and to convert the given amount of money into rupees. I. Convert the following money
- Jul 10, Word Problems on Subtraction of Money | Subtracting With Moneyon July 10, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Let us consider some of the word problems on subtraction of money. We have solved the problems in both the methods i.e., with conversion into paise and without conversion into paise.
- Jul 9, Money Bills | Prepare a Bill for the Purchases | Copy of an Invoiceon July 9, 2021 at 8:10 pm
We often buy things and then we get money bills of the items. The shopkeeper gives us a bill containing information about what we purchase. Different items purchased by us, their rates and the total
- Jul 8, Worksheet on Bills | Bills & Billing of Different Items |Cost of itemson July 8, 2021 at 8:23 pm
We will practice the questions given in the worksheet on bills and billing of different items. We know bill is a slip of paper on which a shopkeeper notes down the requirements of a buyer
- Jul 7, Subtraction of Money | Subtraction with Conversion, without Conversionon July 7, 2021 at 8:37 pm
In subtraction of money we will learn how to subtract the amounts of money involving rupees and paise to find the difference. We carryout subtraction with money the same way as in decimal numbers. While subtracting we need to follow that the amounts of money is converted
- Jul 7, Parametric Equation of the Hyperbola |Auxiliary Circle|Transverse Axison July 7, 2021 at 7:50 pm
We will learn in the simplest way how to find the parametric equations of the hyperbola. The circle described on the transverse axis of a hyperbola as diameter is called its Auxiliary Circle.
- Jul 7, Position of a Point with Respect to the Hyperbola | Solved Exampleson July 7, 2021 at 7:37 pm
We will learn how to find the position of a point with respect to the ellipse. The point P (x1, y1) lies outside, on or inside the hyperbola x^2/a^2 – y^2/b^2 = 1 according
- Jul 6, Latus Rectum of the Hyperbola | Definition of the Latus Rectumon July 6, 2021 at 8:30 pm
We will discuss about the latus rectum of the hyperbola along with the examples. Definition of the latus rectum of an hyperbola: The chord of the hyperbola through its one focus
- Jul 6, Two Foci and Two Directrices of the Hyperbola|A Point on the Hyperbolaon July 6, 2021 at 8:22 pm
We will learn how to find the two foci and two directrices of the hyperbola. Let P (x, y) be a point on the ellipse. x^2/a^2 – y^2/b^2 = 1 or, b^2x^2 – a^2y^2 = a^2b^2 Now form the above diagram
- Jul 6, Transverse and Conjugate Axis of the Hyperbola | Length of Transverseon July 6, 2021 at 8:12 pm
We will discuss about the transverse and conjugate axis of the hyperbola along with the examples. Definition of the transverse axis of the hyperbola: The transverse axis is the axis of a hyperbola
- Jul 6, Centre of the Hyperbola | Definition of the Centre of a Hyperbolaon July 6, 2021 at 8:00 pm
We will discuss about the centre of the hyperbola along with the examples. The centre of a conic section is a point which bisects every chord passing through it. Definition of the centre
- Jul 6, Vertex of the Hyperbola | Definition of the Vertex of a Hyperbolaon July 6, 2021 at 7:54 pm
We will discuss about the vertex of the hyperbola along with the examples. Definition of the vertex of the hyperbola: The vertex is the point of intersection of the line perpendicular
- Jul 6, Standard Equation of an Hyperbola | Standard Formula of a Hyperbolaon July 6, 2021 at 7:51 pm
We will learn how to find the standard equation of a hyperbola. Let S be the focus, e (> 1) be the eccentricity and line KZ its directrix of the hyperbola whose equation is required.
- Jul 6, Definition of Hyperbola | Eccentricity of the Hyperbola | Equationon July 6, 2021 at 7:05 pm
We will discuss the definition of hyperbola and how to find the equation of the hyperbola whose focus, directrix and eccentricity are given. If a point (P) moves in the plane in such
- Jul 4, Addition of Money | Add The Amounts of Money Involving Rupees & Paisaon July 4, 2021 at 8:24 pm
In addition of money we will learn how to add the amounts of money involving rupees and paisa together. We carryout with money the same way as in decimal numbers. While adding we need to follow that the amounts of money is converted into paisa.
- Jul 3, Conversion of Rupees and Paise | How to convert rupees into paise?on July 3, 2021 at 8:20 pm
We will discuss about the conversion of rupees and paise (i.e. from rupees into paise and from paise into rupees). How to convert rupees into paise? First we need to remove the point and then remove
- Jul 2, Writing Money in Words and Figure | Rules for Writing Money in Wordson July 2, 2021 at 9:05 pm
Rules for writing money in words and figure: 1. Abbreviation used for a rupee is Re. and for 1-rupee it is Re. 1 2. Rupees is written in short, as Rs., as 5-rupees is written as Rs. 5
- Jul 2, General Form into Intercept Form |Determine the Intercepts on the Axeson July 2, 2021 at 9:04 pm
We will learn the transformation of general form into intercept form. To reduce the general equation Ax + By + C = 0 into intercept form (x/A + y/B = 1): We have the general equation Ax + By + C = 0.
- Jul 1, Coins and Currency Notes | Indian Rupee | Know your Currency | Noteson July 1, 2021 at 7:09 pm
We will discuss here about coins and currency notes. We are already aware of the following coins and notes. Coins of 1 paise, 2 paise, 5 paise are not available
- Jun 30, Money | Coins | Currency Notes | Rupees and Paise | Indian Currencyon June 30, 2021 at 7:04 pm
In India we use rupees and paise as money. In our daily life we purchase the required things from a shop and pay money to the shopkeeper for the purchased thing.
- Jun 29, 3rd Grade Division Worksheet | Division Facts | Multiplication Factson June 29, 2021 at 8:32 pm
In 3rd Grade Multiplication Worksheet we will solve how to divide using multiplication tables, relationship between multiplication and division, problems on properties of division, long division method, word problems on long division.
- Jun 28, 3rd Grade Multiplication Worksheet | Grade 3 Multiplication Questionson June 28, 2021 at 9:07 pm
In 3rd Grade Multiplication Worksheet we will solve how to multiply 2-digit number by 1-digit number without regrouping, multiply 2-digit number by 1-digit number with regrouping, multiply 3-digit number by 1-digit number without regrouping, multiply 3-digit number
- Jun 28, Long Division | Division by One-Digit Divisor and Two-Digit Divisorson June 28, 2021 at 8:19 pm
As we know that the division is to distribute a given value or quantity into groups having equal values. In long division, values at the individual place (Thousands, Hundreds, Tens, Ones) are dividend one at a time starting with the highest place.
- Jun 23, Properties of Division | Division of Property Overview|Math Propertieson June 23, 2021 at 8:56 pm
The properties of division are discussed here: 1. If we divide a number by 1 the quotient is the number itself. In other words, when any number is divided by 1, we always get the number itself as the quotient. For example: (i) 7542 ÷ 1 = 7542 (ii) 372 ÷ 1 = 372
- Jun 23, Division using Multiplication Tables | Division Tables |Multiplicationon June 23, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Let us learn division using tables. 1. Divide 35 ÷ 7 Solution: 1 × 7 = 7; 2 × 7 = 14; 3 × 7 = 21; 4 × 7 = 28; 5 × 7 = 35 Thus, there are 5 sevens in 35. So, 35 ÷ 7 = 5.
- Jun 22, Relationship between Multiplication and Division |Inverse Relationshipon June 22, 2021 at 7:06 pm
We know that multiplication is repeated addition and division is repeated subtraction. This means that multiplication and division are inverse operation. Let us understand this with the following example.
- Jun 21, Divide by Repeated Subtraction | Subtracted Repeatedly |Solved Exampleon June 21, 2021 at 8:24 pm
How to divide by repeated subtraction? We will learn how to find the quotient and remainder by the method of repeated subtraction a division problem may be solved.
- Jun 21, Division Sharing and Grouping | Facts about Division | Basic Divisionon June 21, 2021 at 7:34 pm
We will learn division sharing and grouping. Share eight strawberries between four children. Let us distribute strawberries equally to all the four children one by one.
- Jun 19, Worksheet on Facts about Division | Division with Small Numberson June 19, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Practice the worksheet on facts about division. We know, dividend is always equal to the product of the divisor and the quotient added to the remainder. This will help us to solve the given questions. 1. Fill in the blanks: (i) Division is __ subtraction.
- Jun 18, Facts about Division | Basic Division Facts | Learn Long Divisionon June 18, 2021 at 7:04 pm
We have already learned division by repeated subtraction, equal sharing/distribution and by short division method. Now, we will read some facts about division to learn long division. 1. If the dividend is ‘zero’ then any number as a divisor will give the quotient as ‘zero’.
- Jun 17, 3rd Grade Math Worksheets |3rd Grade Math Sheets|3rd Grade Math Lessonon June 17, 2021 at 7:50 pm
3rd grade math worksheets is carefully planned and thoughtfully presented on mathematics for the students. Teachers and parents can also follow the worksheets to guide the students.
- Jun 16, Multiplication by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 |Find the Producton June 16, 2021 at 8:33 pm
To multiply a number by 10, we simply put a zero to the right of the number. To multiply a number by 20, 30, 40, ……… 90, we multiply the given number by 2, 3, 4, ….. 9 and put one zero to the right of product.
- Jun 16, Estimating Products | Estimation in Multiplication | Rounding Numberson June 16, 2021 at 6:42 pm
To estimate the product, we first round off the multiplier and the multiplicand to the nearest tens, hundreds, or thousands and then multiply the rounded numbers. Estimating products by rounding numbers to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand etc., we know how to estimate
- Jun 15, Multiplying 3-Digit Number by 1-Digit Number | Three-Digit Multiplicaton June 15, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Here we will learn multiplying 3-digit number by 1-digit number. In two different ways we will learn to multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number. 1. Multiply 201 by 3 Step I: Arrange the numbers vertically. Step II: Multiply the digit at the ones place by 3.
- Jun 15, 3rd Grade Subtraction Worksheet | 3-Digit Subtraction Worksheets | Anson June 15, 2021 at 5:17 pm
In 3th Grade Addition Worksheet we will solve how to subtract 3-digit numbers by expansion, subtraction of 3-digit numbers without regrouping, subtraction of 3-digit numbers with regrouping, properties of subtraction, estimating the difference and word problems on 3-digit
- Jun 15, Multiplying 2-Digit Number by 1-Digit Number | Multiply Two-Digit Numbon June 15, 2021 at 4:54 pm
Here we will learn multiplying 2-digit number by 1-digit number. In two different ways we will learn to multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number. Examples of multiplying 2-digit number by
- Jun 14, Properties of Multiplication | Multiplicative Identity | Whole Numberson June 14, 2021 at 6:00 pm
There are six properties of multiplication of whole numbers that will help to solve the problems easily. The six properties of multiplication are Closure Property, Commutative Property, Zero Property, Identity Property, Associativity Property and Distributive Property.
- Jun 14, Multiplication Grid | Times Table 1 to 10 | Multiplication Table |Mathon June 14, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Let us study the table and revise the times table 1 to 10. For example to multiply 5 and 7 move along row 5 to the column 7 you will get 35 as product of the two numbers.
- Jun 12, 10 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 10|Times Tableon June 12, 2021 at 8:56 pm
In 10 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 10. We read ten times table as: One time ten is 10 Two times ten is 20 Three times ten is 30 Four times ten is 40
- Jun 11, 9 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 9 | Times Tableon June 11, 2021 at 9:32 pm
In 9 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 9. We read nine times table as: One time nine is 9 Two times nine is 18 Three times nine is 27 Four times nine is 36
- Jun 11, 8 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 8 | Times Tableon June 11, 2021 at 7:29 pm
In 8 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 8. We read eight times table as: One time eight is 8 Two times eight is 16 Three times eight is 24 Four times
- Jun 10, 7 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 7 | Seven Timeson June 10, 2021 at 9:32 pm
In 7 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 7. We read seven times table as: One time seven is 7 Two times seven is 14 Three times seven is 21 Four times seven
- Jun 10, 6 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 6 | Six Tableon June 10, 2021 at 7:01 pm
In 6 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 6. We read six times table as: One time six is 6 Two times six is 12 Three times six is 18 Four times six is 24