- Jan 26, Measuring Mass | Addition and Subtraction of Mass | Measure of Masson January 26, 2022 at 8:01 pm
We will discuss about measuring mass. We know the vegetable seller is weighing potatoes in kilogram. The goldsmith is weighing a ring in grams. The wheat bags are weighing in quintals.
- Jan 26, 2nd Grade Measurement of Length Worksheet |Measuring Length Worksheetson January 26, 2022 at 7:07 pm
In 2nd grade measurement of length worksheet we will solve the problems on non-standard unit of length, standard unit of length, using a scale, using a ruler and word problems on measurement of length.
- Jan 22, Using a Ruler | Measure a Length | Length of an Object|Find the Lengthon January 22, 2022 at 8:01 pm
We will learn measure a length using a ruler. The ruler given below has 15 cm marked on it. The length of the ruler is 15 cm. To measure a length of a pencil, place at the ‘0’ of the ruler at the one end of the pencil and note the position of the other end.
- Jan 21, Using a Scale | Measure the Length | Meter Rod | Metal Tape | Ruleron January 21, 2022 at 7:25 pm
We will learn how to measure the length using a scale. A cloth merchant uses a rod to measure the length of the cloth. This is called a meter rod. A tailor uses a tape to take measurements for stitching a cloth. A carpenter or mason uses a metal tape to measure the length.
- Jan 20, Measurement of Length | Handspan | Cubit | Footspan | Strideon January 20, 2022 at 8:18 pm
We can measure objects by comparing them with other objects like clips, ribbons, pencils or using our body parts for example handspan, foot, cubit and stride. These are non-standard units of length.
- Jan 20, Standard Unit of Length | Unit Kilometre|Meter (m) and Centimetre (cm)on January 20, 2022 at 8:17 pm
What is the standard unit of length? We know some non-standard units of length like hand-span, cubit, etc., and also with standard units of length like meter and centimetre. We have seen a meter-rod
- Jan 17, Corner and Sides of Planer Figures |Rectangle |Square |Triangle|Circleon January 17, 2022 at 6:35 pm
We will learn corners and sides of plane figures The lines that form a plane figure are called sides or edges. Two lines where they meet is called the corner.
- Jan 16, Plane Shapes | Drawing Plane Shapes |Circle|Square|Triangle|Rectangleon January 16, 2022 at 7:15 pm
A plane shape is a figure made up of straight or curved lines. Two straight lines where they meet is called the corner. The straight lines which form a plane shape are called its sides. Some basic shapes are given below.
- Jan 14, Points and Line Segment | Two Points in a Curved Surface | Curve Lineon January 14, 2022 at 9:24 pm
We will discuss here about points and line segment. We know when two lines meet we get a point. When two points on a plane surface are joined, a straight line segment is obtained.
- Jan 14, Straight Lines | Sleeping Lines | Standing Lines | Slant Lines | Mathon January 14, 2022 at 7:32 pm
We will learn how to draw straight lines. Fold a piece of paper and mark two dots as shown in the picture. Draw a line from one dot to another along the fold. The line we get is a straight line. The dots are known as points. We use capital letters like A, B, C, D to name the
- Jan 12, Geometrical Shapes | Geometrical Shapes for Kids | Basic Geometry | 3Don January 12, 2022 at 8:30 pm
In 2nd grade geometrical shapes for kids we will discuss about different kinds of shapes. Some basic geometry shapes are shown so, that kid’s can recognize the shapes and practice the different geomet
- Jan 2, 2nd Grade Money Worksheet | Conversion of Money | Word Problemson January 2, 2022 at 7:12 pm
In 2nd grade money worksheet we will solve the problems on writing amount in words and figures, conversion of money and word problems on money. 1. Write T for true and F for false. (i) Rs. is written after the amount (ii) p is written before the amount. (iii) A dot is
- Dec 29, Conversion of Money | Convert the Amount from Rupees to Paisaon December 29, 2021 at 9:19 pm
In conversion of money we will learn to convert the amount from rupees to paisa and from paisa to rupees. Conversion from rupees to paisa and from paisa to rupees is based on the basic fact that Re. 1.00 = 100 paisa and 100 paisa = Re. 1.00
- Dec 29, Writing Money in Words and Figure | Rules for Writing Money in Wordson December 29, 2021 at 7:36 pm
Rules for writing money in words and figure: 1. Abbreviation used for a rupee is Re. and for 1-rupee it is Re. 1 2. Rupees is written in short, as Rs., as 5-rupees is written as Rs. 5
- Dec 28, Coins and Currency Notes | Indian Rupee | Know your Currency | Noteson December 28, 2021 at 9:49 pm
We will discuss here about coins and currency notes. We are already aware of the following coins and notes. Coins of 1 paise, 2 paise, 5 paise are not available
- Dec 28, Money | Coins | Currency Notes | Rupees and Paise | Indian Currencyon December 28, 2021 at 7:41 pm
In India we use rupees and paise as money. In our daily life we purchase the required things from a shop and pay money to the shopkeeper for the purchased thing.
- Dec 28, Worksheet on Word Problems on Division | Solve Division Problemson December 28, 2021 at 7:15 pm
In worksheet on word problems on division, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems involving division. This exercise sheet on word problems on division can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve division problems.
- Dec 27, Properties of Division | Division of Property Overview|Math Propertieson December 27, 2021 at 9:23 pm
The properties of division are discussed here: 1. If we divide a number by 1 the quotient is the number itself. In other words, when any number is divided by 1, we always get the number itself as the quotient. For example: (i) 7542 ÷ 1 = 7542 (ii) 372 ÷ 1 = 372
- Dec 27, Divide on a Number Line | Various Division Problems | Solved Exampleson December 27, 2021 at 7:03 pm
How to divide on a number line? Learn to divide using number line to find the quotient. Solved examples to show divide on a number line: 1. Solve 14 ÷ 7 Solution: 7 is subtracted repeatedly
- Dec 27, Divide by Repeated Subtraction | Subtracted Repeatedly |Solved Exampleon December 27, 2021 at 6:07 pm
How to divide by repeated subtraction? We will learn how to find the quotient and remainder by the method of repeated subtraction a division problem may be solved.
- Dec 25, Division Sharing and Grouping | Facts about Division | Basic Divisionon December 25, 2021 at 8:46 pm
We will learn division sharing and grouping. Share eight strawberries between four children. Let us distribute strawberries equally to all the four children one by one.
- Dec 21, Basic Division Facts | Division is the Inverse of Multiplication |Mathon December 21, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Some basic division facts are needed to follow for dividing numbers. The repeated subtraction of the same number is expressed by division in short form and in long form.
- Dec 21, Dividing 1-Digit Number | Repeated Subtraction | Process of Divisionon December 21, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Here we will learn dividing 1-digit number We know that the repeated subtraction of the same number is expressed in short by division. If there are 4 collections of lemons each having 2 lemons,
- Dec 20, Multiplication Table Worksheets |Printable Mixed Multiplication Tableson December 20, 2021 at 9:32 pm
In multiplication table worksheets we will solve 0 – 25 times tables under this. Students can practice all the sheets to gain knowledge in tables. This printable time table sheets can be practiced by everyone. Free multiplication table worksheets can be access from anywhere.
- Dec 19, 4 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 4 | Four Tableon December 19, 2021 at 9:50 pm
In 4 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 4. We read four times table as: One time four is 4 Two times four is 8 Three times four is 12 Four times four is 16
- Dec 19, 10 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 10|Times Tableon December 19, 2021 at 9:27 pm
In 10 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 10. We read ten times table as: One time ten is 10 Two times ten is 20 Three times ten is 30 Four times ten is 40
- Dec 19, 9 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 9 | Times Tableon December 19, 2021 at 8:19 pm
In 9 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 9. We read nine times table as: One time nine is 9 Two times nine is 18 Three times nine is 27 Four times nine is 36
- Dec 18, 8 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 8 | Times Tableon December 18, 2021 at 8:22 pm
In 8 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 8. We read eight times table as: One time eight is 8 Two times eight is 16 Three times eight is 24 Four times
- Dec 17, 7 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 7 | Seven Timeson December 17, 2021 at 8:40 pm
In 7 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 7. We read seven times table as: One time seven is 7 Two times seven is 14 Three times seven is 21 Four times seven
- Dec 14, Multiplying 1-Digit Number | Multiplication of One-Digit Numberson December 14, 2021 at 8:45 pm
We know the process of multiplying 1-digit number by another 1-digit number. The multiplication of one-digit numbers is done with the help of the multiplication table of the number concerned.
- Dec 14, 5 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 5 | Times Tableon December 14, 2021 at 8:01 pm
In 5 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 5. We read five times table as: One time five is 5 Two times five is 10 Three times five is 15 Four times five is 20
- Dec 12, 3 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 3 | Times Tableon December 12, 2021 at 6:53 pm
In 3 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 3. We read three times table as: One time three is 3 Two times three is 6 Three times three is 9 Four times three is 12
- Dec 11, 2 Times Table | Read and Write Multiplication Table of 2 | Times Tableon December 11, 2021 at 8:43 pm
In 2 times table we will learn how to read and write multiplication table of 2. We read two times table as: One time two is 2 Two times two is 4 Three times two is 6 Four times two is 8 Five times
- Dec 10, Find the Product using Multiplication Property | Product of any Numberon December 10, 2021 at 9:40 pm
How to find the product using multiplication property? 1. Order property When two numbers are multiplied we get a product. When the places of numbers are interchanged, their product remains the same
- Dec 8, Multiplication is Repeated Addition | Multiplication|Repeated Additionon December 8, 2021 at 9:12 pm
We know multiplication is repeated addition. Consider the following: (i) Andrea made sandwiches for 12 people. When they shared it equally, each of them got 1/2 a sandwich. How many sandwiches did
- Dec 7, Basic Multiplication Facts | Repeated Addition |Multiplication Processon December 7, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Some basic multiplication facts are needed to follow for multiplying numbers. The repeated addition of the same number is expressed by multiplication in short.
- Dec 3, 2nd Grade Subtraction Worksheet | Subtraction of 2-Digit Numbers | Anson December 3, 2021 at 9:18 pm
In 2nd grade subtraction worksheet we will solve the problems on subtraction of 2-digit numbers (without Regrouping), subtraction of numbers with regrouping, subtracting 1-digit number from 2-digit number with regrouping, subtracting 2-digit number with regrouping, checking
- Dec 2, Worksheet on Subtraction Word Problems | Subtraction Word Problemson December 2, 2021 at 7:26 pm
The activity provided in the third grade math worksheet on subtraction word problems is very important for the kids. Students need to read the questions carefully and then translate the information
- Dec 2, Worksheet on Third Grade Mixed Problems of Addition and Subtractionon December 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on third grade mixed problems of addition and subtraction. These worksheets provide basic questions involving mixed word problems to find their sum and
- Dec 1, Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences | Find the Estimated Sumon December 1, 2021 at 8:24 pm
In 4th grade worksheet on estimating sums and differences, all grade students can practice the questions on estimations.This exercise sheet on estimating sums and differences can be practiced
- Dec 1, Estimating Sums and Differences | Estimations | Practical Calculationson December 1, 2021 at 7:57 pm
For estimating sums and differences in the number we use the rounded numbers for estimations to its nearest tens, hundred, and thousand. In many practical calculations, only an approximation is required rather than an exact answer. To do this, numbers are rounded off to a
- Dec 1, Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction | Questions on Additionon December 1, 2021 at 7:13 pm
In worksheet on mixed addition and subtraction the questions involve both addition and subtraction together; all grade students can practice the questions on addition and subtraction together.
- Dec 1, Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction Together | Anson December 1, 2021 at 6:40 pm
In 4th grade worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems based on addition and subtraction. This exercise sheet on
- Nov 30, Combination of Addition and Subtraction | Mixed Addition & Subtractionon November 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm
We will discuss here about the combination of addition and subtraction. The rules which can be used to solve the sums involving addition (+) and subtraction (-) together are: I: First add
- Nov 30, Subtraction is Reverse of Addition |Subtraction is Inverse of Additionon November 30, 2021 at 7:22 pm
We know that counting forward means addition and counting backward means subtraction. Let us see the following example on the number line. We can say that subtraction is the inverse of addition. For every addition sentence there are two corresponding subtraction sentences.
- Nov 29, Check for Subtraction and Addition | Checking Subtraction | Problemson November 29, 2021 at 9:13 pm
We will learn to check for subtraction and addition answers after solving. Difference of two numbers is correct when the sum of the subtrahend number and the difference is equal to the minuend.
- Nov 29, Subtracting 2-Digit Numbers with Borrowing (Regrouping) | Exampleson November 29, 2021 at 6:58 pm
Here we will learn subtracting 2-digit numbers with borrowing. The subtractions with borrowing are solved step-by-step in four different ways. Worked-out examples on subtracting 2-digit numbers
- Nov 26, Subtracting 2-Digit Numbers | How to Subtract Two Digit Numbers?on November 26, 2021 at 9:41 pm
In subtracting 2-digit numbers we will subtract or minus a two-digit number from another two-digit number. To find the difference between the two numbers we need to ‘ones from ones’ and ‘tens from
- Nov 25, Subtracting 1-Digit Number | Subtract or Minus Two One-Digit Numberon November 25, 2021 at 7:46 pm
In subtracting 1-digit number we will subtract or minus one-digit number from one-digit number or one-digit number from 2-digit number and find the difference between them. We know that subtraction means to take away a set of objects from a collection.
- Nov 23, 2nd Grade Addition Worksheet | Addition of 2-Digit Numbers | Answerson November 23, 2021 at 8:41 pm
In 2nd grade addition worksheet we will solve the problems on addition of 2-digit numbers (without Regrouping), addition by regrouping, regrouping tens to hundreds, estimating the sum and word problems on addition.
- Nov 22, Addition Word Problems – 2-Digit Numbers | Addition Word Problemson November 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Basic concept on addition word problems – 2-digit numbers without regrouping for 2nd graders. Students need to read the questions carefully and find the sums of these 2-digit by 2-digit
- Nov 22, Adding 2-Digit Numbers with Regrouping |Add Two Two-Digit Numbers withon November 22, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Here we will learn adding 2-digit numbers with regrouping and start working with easy numbers to get acquainted with the addition of two numbers.
- Nov 11, Adding 1-Digit Number | Understand the Concept one Digit Numberon November 11, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Understand the concept of adding 1-digit number with the help of objects as well as numbers.
- Nov 9, Adding 2-Digit Numbers | Add Two Two-Digit Numbers without Carryingon November 9, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Here we will learn adding 2-digit numbers without regrouping and start working with easy numbers to get acquainted with the addition of two numbers.
- Nov 8, Addition on a Number Line | Basic Number Concepts | Number Lineon November 8, 2021 at 7:15 pm
In addition on a number line we will learn to count numbers on a number line. We can also add by counting ahead on the number line. From here we begin to add two single digit numbers up to 5.
- Nov 7, 2nd Grade Numbers Worksheet | 3-Digit Numbers | Comparing Numberson November 7, 2021 at 7:10 pm
In 2nd Grade number Worksheet we will solve the problems on 3-digit numbers, before, after and between numbers, representation of numbers on the abacus, expanded form, place value and face value of a digit, comparing numbers, forming greatest and smallest number from the
- Nov 6, Ascending Order or Descending Order |Bigger to Smaller number| Smalleron November 6, 2021 at 8:57 pm
In math ascending order or descending order kids will learn to arrange the numbers from bigger to smaller number and also from smaller to bigger number.
- Nov 6, Comparing Numbers | Compare the following Numbers | Solved Exampleson November 6, 2021 at 8:51 pm
Comparing numbers is important to know which number is greater and which number is smaller. Solved examples
- Nov 4, Rounding off Numbers | Nearest Multiple of 10 | Nearest Whole Numberon November 4, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Rounding off numbers are discussed here, where we need to round a number. (i) If we purchase anything and its cost is $12 and 23¢, the cost is rounded up to it’s nearest $ 12 and 23¢ is left. (ii) If we purchase another thing and its cost is $15.78. The cost is rounded up
- Nov 4, Forming Smallest and Greatest Number from the Given Digits | 2nd Gradeon November 4, 2021 at 8:19 pm
We will learn how to form the smallest and greatest number from the given digits. We know that the greatest number is formed by arranging the given digits in descending order. Let us take digits 4, 2 and 8 We arrange these digits in descending order to form the greatest
- Nov 1, Face Value and Place Value|Difference Between Place Value & Face Valueon November 1, 2021 at 7:32 pm
What is the difference between face value and place value of digits? Before we proceed to face value and place value let us recall the expanded form of a number. The face value of a digit is the digit itself, at whatever place it may be.
- Oct 31, Place Value | Place, Place Value and Face Value | Grouping the Digitson October 31, 2021 at 9:29 pm
The place value of a digit in a number is the value it holds to be at the place in the number. We know about the place value and face value of a digit and we will learn about it in details. We know that the position of a digit in a number determines its corresponding value
- Oct 31, Standard Form of a Number | Expanded Form | Numeral in Standard Formon October 31, 2021 at 8:44 pm
We will learn how to write the numeral in standard form. Here the standard form means the process of writing very large expanded form of a number into small form or small number. How to write the number in standard form? Here we will convert expanded form into standard
- Oct 31, Representation of Numbers on the Abacus | 2nd Grade Math | Abacus Mathon October 31, 2021 at 7:03 pm
We will learn representation of numbers on the abacus. We can show 100 on an abacus with three vertical rods. The rods represent place value of hundreds, tens and ones. We add beads on the rods to show different number. Each rod can hold up to 9 beads.
- Oct 26, Number that Comes After | Games on Numbers | Worksheets on Numberson October 26, 2021 at 9:36 pm
What number that comes after the given number? Kids need to find the number that comes next after the given number. By playing the games on numbers that comes after kids can memorize the sequence of c
- Oct 26, Number that Comes Between | Find the Middle Number | Worksheet Betweenon October 26, 2021 at 9:06 pm
In number that comes between, kids need to find the middle number in each set. Worksheet on number between helps the kids to practice the sheet by counting the numbers serially and write in the box th
- Oct 26, Before and After | Math Worksheets on Number |Before and After Numberson October 26, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Free math worksheets on numbers before and after help the kids to check how much they are good at numbers. The purpose of this math activity is to help your child to say a number in order and also hel
- Oct 26, Greater or Less than and Equal to | Bigger Number | Smaller Number | >on October 26, 2021 at 7:28 pm
In math, greater or less than and equal to help the kids to understand how one number is different from the other number. Whether one number is bigger or smaller than the other number or both the numb