- Oct 9, Three Digit Numbers | What is Spike Abacus? | Abacus for Kids|3 Digitson October 9, 2021 at 9:32 pm
Three digit numbers are from 100 to 999. We know that there are nine one-digit numbers, i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. There are 90 two digit numbers i.e., from 10 to 99. One digit numbers are ma
- Oct 7, Learn Number 10 | Concept of Number 10 |Count and Write Ten |Number 10on October 7, 2021 at 8:23 pm
We will learn about number 10. How to teach number 10 to your child? Ask the child to pick up ten objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 6, Learn Number 9 | Concept of Number 9 | Count and Write Nine | Number 9on October 6, 2021 at 9:15 pm
We will learn about number 9. How to teach number 9 to your child? Ask the child to pick up nine objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 5, Learn Number 8 | Concept of Number 8 | Count and Write Eight |Number 8on October 5, 2021 at 8:34 pm
We will learn about number 8. How to teach number 8 to your child? Ask the child to pick up eight objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 4, Learn Number 7 | Concept of Number 7 | Count and Write Seven |Number 7on October 4, 2021 at 8:53 pm
We will learn about number 7. How to teach number 7 to your child? Ask the child to pick up seven objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 4, Learn Number 6 | Concept of Number 6 | Count and Write Six |Number Sixon October 4, 2021 at 7:40 pm
We will learn about number 6. How to teach number 6 to your child? Ask the child to pick up six objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 2, Learn Number 5 | Concept of Number 5 | Count and Write Five | Number 5on October 2, 2021 at 9:24 pm
We will learn about number 5. How to teach number 5 to your child? Ask the child to pick up five objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 2, Learn Number 4 | Concept of Number 4 | Count and Write Four |Number 4on October 2, 2021 at 8:04 pm
Number 4 We will learn about number 4. How to teach number 4 to your child? Ask the child to pick up four objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well
- Oct 2, Learn Number 3 | Concept of Number 3 | Count and Write Three |Number 3on October 2, 2021 at 6:36 pm
We will learn about number 3. How to teach number 3 to your child? Ask the child to pick up three objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 1, Learn Number 2 | Concept of Number 2 | Count and Write Two |Number Twoon October 1, 2021 at 9:39 pm
We will learn about number 2. How to teach number 2 to your child? Ask the child to pick up two objects from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Oct 1, Learn Number 1 | Concept of Number 1 | Count and Write 1 | Number Oneon October 1, 2021 at 7:23 pm
We will learn about number 1. How to teach number 1 to your child? Ask the child to pick up one object from a collection of items such as books, crayons, pencils and show it to you. Some of the questions are given below will help your child to grasp very well about the
- Sep 29, Examples of Pictographs |Pictorial Representation|Pictograph Questionson September 29, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Some sample examples of pictographs or pictorial representation are shown, how the objects are used to give information regarding mathematical data. Read the pictograph and gather the information
- Sep 28, Growing Patterns | Growing Number, Shape, Alphabet Patterns | Reducingon September 28, 2021 at 8:18 pm
A pattern has group of units that follow a rule while repeating or changing. Some patterns grow and some reduce. A growing pattern is the one which increases or decreases by a constant unit, you can find a growing pattern with pictures shapes, objects, numbers etc.
- Sep 28, 3rd Grade Patterns | Sequence | Pattern Rule | Pattern Around Us |Mathon September 28, 2021 at 7:48 pm
We have learnt in our previous class that pattern is a sequence of repeating objects, shapes or numbers. Pattern has a rule which tells us that which objects belong to the pattern and which object do not. Patterns exist all around us. We can find a pattern in trees, in the
- Sep 26, Find The Rule of a Number Pattern | Writing Pattern Rules | Sequenceon September 26, 2021 at 8:16 pm
Here we will learn how to find the rule of a number pattern. Sometimes the set of numbers have something common in them. They follow a pattern or rule. In the above number pattern, we have to skip count in three (add 3) to continue the sequence. So, to obtain the
- Sep 14, Tally Marks | Tally Mark Represents Frequency | Use of Tally Markson September 14, 2021 at 9:13 pm
We will discuss here how to use Tally marks. To count the number of times a value of the variable appears in a collection of data, we use tally mark ( / ). Thus tally mark represents frequency. Observe the tally marks and the corresponding frequencies:
- Sep 11, Pictographs | Pictorial Representation | Pictorial Symbols | Symbolson September 11, 2021 at 9:43 pm
In pictographs we learnt to recognize different things in our surroundings and to express the given information through pictorial symbols of different objects.
- Sep 3, 3rd Grade Worksheet on Time | Conversion of Time | Telling Time | Anson September 3, 2021 at 6:55 pm
In 3rd Grade Time Worksheet we will solve the problems on reading times in 5-minute intervals, quarter past and quarter to, read and write the time shown on the given clocks in two ways, expressing time in a.m. and p.m., duration of time, 24-hours clock, converting 12-hours
- Aug 31, Reading and Interpreting a Calendar | Calendar | Reading a Calendaron August 31, 2021 at 9:30 pm
In reading and interpreting a calendar we need to know days in a week, days in a month and months in a year. There are 7 days in a week. The first day of the week is Sunday.
- Aug 31, Units of Time Conversion Chart | Conversion Chart | Us Method | Timeon August 31, 2021 at 8:54 pm
Units of time conversion chart are discussed here in hour, minute, second, day, week, month, and year. We know that there are 12 months in a year. The months of January, March, May, July, August, October and December have 31 days. The months of April, June, September and
- Aug 30, 24 Hour Clock | Air and Railway Travel Timetables | General Timeon August 30, 2021 at 7:01 pm
We normally use 12-hour clock system. The hour hand of the clock goes round the dial twice a day (24 hours). Some departments like railways, Airlines, etc use 24-hour clock system because they do
- Aug 29, Time Duration |How to Calculate the Time Duration (in Hours & Minutes)on August 29, 2021 at 10:00 pm
We will learn how to calculate the time duration in minutes and in hours. Time Duration (in minutes) Ron and Clara play badminton every evening. Yesterday, their game started at 5 : 15 p.m.
- Aug 29, Telling Time in a.m. and p.m. | Antemeridian and Postmeridian|Exampleson August 29, 2021 at 8:02 pm
The clock shows time in 12 hour cycle. The first cycle of the hour hand completes at 12 o’clock midday or noon. The second cycle of the hour hand completes at 12 o’clock midnight. ‘a.m.’ and ‘p.m.’ are used to represent the time of the day. ‘a.m.’ stands for ante meridiem,
- Aug 26, Telling Time in 5-minute Intervals | Read the Clock |Nearest 5 Minuteson August 26, 2021 at 8:29 pm
The clock has numbers from 1 to 12 marked on its dial. These numbers divide the clock face into 12 equal parts. Between any two numbers there are 5 small divisions. Each small division represents a minute. So, the minute hand takes 5 minutes more from one number to the next
- Aug 25, Quarter Past and Quarter To | Quarter Past Hour | Quarter to Next Houron August 25, 2021 at 9:27 pm
The hands of clock move from left to right. This is called the clock wise motion. When the minute hand is on the right side of the clock, it shows the number of minutes past the hour. When the minute hand is on the left side of the clock, it shows the number of minutes to
- Aug 24, Different Ways of Reading Time | Many Ways to Read Time | Telling Timeon August 24, 2021 at 8:39 pm
What are the different ways of reading time? There are many ways to read time: (a) When hour-hand is exactly at any number and minute-hand is at 12, we read the time in full hours. If hour hand is at
- Aug 23, 4th Grade Worksheet on Capacity | Measuring Capacity Worksheetson August 23, 2021 at 8:18 pm
In 4th Grade Worksheet on Capacity we will solve different types of problems on standard unit of capacity, conversion of units of capacity, comparison of capacity, addition of units of capacity, subtraction of units of capacity, word problems on addition of units of capacity
- Aug 23, Worksheet on Word Problem on Measuring Capacity|Capacity Word Problemson August 23, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on word problem on measuring capacity (i.e. addition and subtraction). Addition and subtraction of word problems in liters and milliliters
- Aug 22, Addition and Subtraction of Measuring Capacity |Word Problems|Exampleson August 22, 2021 at 8:43 pm
We will discuss about addition and subtraction of measuring capacity. The standard unit of measuring capacity is liter and the smaller unit is milliliter. The short way is to write liter as l and milliliter as ml. The liquid medicines are measured in ml.
- Aug 21, Worksheet on Addition and Subtraction of Measuring Capacity | Answerson August 21, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Practice the worksheet on addition and subtraction of measuring capacity in liter and milliliter. The questions are related to add, subtract and word problems on finding the sum and difference to
- Aug 20, Conversion of Measuring Capacity | Measuring Capacity | Volumeon August 20, 2021 at 8:16 pm
In conversion of measuring capacity we will learn how to convert litres into millilitres, millilitres into litres, litres and millilitres into millilitres and millilitres into litres and millilitres.
- Aug 19, Standard Unit of Capacity | Measurement of Capacity |Unit of Capacityon August 19, 2021 at 8:45 pm
In measurement of capacity we will learn about the standard unit of capacity and volume. We know that the maximum quantity of a container or vessel can hold is called its capacity.
- Aug 19, 3rd Grade Worksheet on Weight |Measuring Mass|Mass in Kilograms, Gramson August 19, 2021 at 5:59 pm
In 3rd grade worksheet on weight we will circle the correct unit of mass, conversion of unit of weight, Conversion of kilograms into grams, Conversion of grams into kilograms, Conversion of kilograms and grams into grams, Conversion of grams into kilograms and grams
- Aug 17, Worksheet on Subtraction of Mass |Word Problems on Subtraction of Masson August 17, 2021 at 7:41 pm
Practice the third grade math worksheet on subtraction of mass or weight. This sheet provides different types of questions where you need to arrange the values of mass under different columns
- Aug 15, Subtraction of Weights | Subtraction of Mass | Subtract Kilogramson August 15, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Let us learn how to subtract different units of mass. Here, kg and g are arranged in different columns and then subtracted like ordinary numbers. 1. Subtract 138 kg 165 g from 362 kg 241 g. Solution: Let us subtract. Step I: Arrange the numbers vertically.
- Aug 10, Addition of Mass |Add the Different Units of Mass |Worked-out Exampleson August 10, 2021 at 9:18 pm
In addition of mass we will learn how to add the different units of mass or weight together. While adding we need to follow that the units of mass i.e., kilogram and gram are converted into grams
- Aug 10, Conversion of Measuring Mass | Conversion of Kilograms into Grams | kgon August 10, 2021 at 8:24 pm
In conversion of measuring mass we will learn how to convert kilograms into grams, grams into kilograms, kilograms & grams into grams and grams into kilograms & grams. Conversion of kilograms
- Aug 10, Conversion of Standard Unit of Mass |Units of Mass|Worked-out Problemson August 10, 2021 at 7:47 pm
For the conversion of standard unit of mass it’s very important to the relationship between the different units of mass.
- Aug 9, What is Mass? |Standard unit of Mass or Weight|Measure the Mass |Unitson August 9, 2021 at 9:11 pm
In third grade measurement of mass we will discuss about what is mass, standard unit of mass or weight etc,. What is mass? The quantity of matter in an object is called its mass. We must know that the
- Aug 7, Worksheet on Third Grade Measurement of Length | Problems on Lengthon August 7, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Practice the math worksheet on third grade measurement of length. We know, there are three main standard units of length, i.e., kilometer (km), meter (m) and centimeter (cm).
- Aug 4, Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction of Length | Measuring Lengthon August 4, 2021 at 8:57 pm
We will discuss here how to solve the word problems on addition and subtraction of length. To solve any word problem, we need to read each word carefully and select numbers carefully from the question to solve it.
- Aug 3, Metres and Centimetres Conversion | Converting cm to m and m to cmon August 3, 2021 at 8:42 pm
To convert meters into centimetres, we multiply the number of meters by 100. To convert centimetres into metres, we divide the number of centimetres by 100. To convert centimetres into metres and centimetres, we will first transform the given number of centimetres into
- Aug 2, Subtraction of Length | Learn How the Values of Length are Arrangedon August 2, 2021 at 8:45 pm
The process of subtraction of units of length is exactly similar to that of subtraction of ordinary numbers. Learn how the values of length are arranged in different columns for the subtraction of length. 1. Subtract 12 m 36 cm from 48 m 57 cm Solution:
- Aug 2, Addition of Length | Learn How the Values of Length are Arrangedon August 2, 2021 at 7:25 pm
The process of addition of units of length is exactly similar to addition of ordinary numbers. Learn how the values of length are arranged in different columns for the addition of length. 1. Add 15 m 18 cm and 16 m 22 cm
- Aug 1, Estimation of Line Segments | Approximate Value for Measurementson August 1, 2021 at 7:58 pm
We can estimate some lengths and distances using approximate value for measurements. For example, one meter is approximately the length from shoulder to fingertips of an adult. A meter is also approximately the distance of one large step or jump. You must have seen the cloth
- Jul 30, Constructing a Line Segment |Construction of Line Segment|Constructingon July 30, 2021 at 8:59 pm
We will discuss here about constructing a line segment. We know how to draw a line segment of a certain length. Suppose we want to draw a line segment of 4.5 cm length.
- Jul 30, Measuring the Line Segment | Measuring a Line Segment with the Helpon July 30, 2021 at 7:54 pm
We will discuss here about measuring the line segment i.e. how to draw and measure a line segment using scale or ruler. We can measure a line segment by two ways. (i) With the help of scale
- Jul 29, Standard Unit of Length | Unit Kilometre|Meter (m) and Centimetre (cm)on July 29, 2021 at 5:58 pm
What is the standard unit of length? We know some non-standard units of length like hand-span, cubit, etc., and also with standard units of length like meter and centimetre. We have seen a meter-rod
- Jul 28, Measurement of Length | Handspan | Cubit | Footspan | Strideon July 28, 2021 at 8:17 pm
We can measure objects by comparing them with other objects like clips, ribbons, pencils or using our body parts for example handspan, foot, cubit and stride. These are non-standard units of length.
- Jul 26, 3rd Grade Money Worksheet | Addition and Subtraction of Money |Answerson July 26, 2021 at 7:56 pm
In 3rd Grade Money Worksheet we will solve how to convert rupees into paise, how to convert paise into rupees, addition of money, subtraction of money and how to make a bill. Which is the highest value coin?
- Jul 25, 3rd Grade Geometrical Shape Worksheet | Solid Shapes | Tangramson July 25, 2021 at 8:12 pm
In 3rd Grade Geometrical Shape Worksheet we will answer the different type of questions on straight line, curve line, plane shape, solid shapes, drawing solids on a lat surface, and tangrams.
- Jul 22, Map Reading | Various Places | Symbols used in the Map | Directionson July 22, 2021 at 8:21 pm
A map is a drawing that gives us information about the place. For example, a map of a bedroom might show where the bed,, dressing table, cupboards are. A map of a city or a locality shows streets, highways, schools or landmark etc.
- Jul 20, Tangrams Math | Traditional Chinese Geometrical Puzzle | Triangleson July 20, 2021 at 8:37 pm
Tangram is a traditional Chinese geometrical puzzle with 7 pieces (1 parallelogram, 1 square and 5 triangles) that can be arranged to match any particular design. In the given figure, it consists of one parallelogram (6) one square (4) and five triangles (1. 2, 3,5 and 7)
- Jul 19, Drawing Solids on a Flat Surface | Solid Figures | Solid Shapeson July 19, 2021 at 6:03 pm
We can draw 3D shape like cube, cuboid, on a dotted sheet. There are two different sheets – ordinary sheet and isometric sheet. Isometric sheet is a special paper with dots at equal distance, which help us to draw 3D shapes.
- Jul 18, Basic Shapes | Geometry Activities | Geometrical Shapes |Solid figureson July 18, 2021 at 6:54 pm
In third grade geometry activities kids will learn about the basic shapes (solids). We know, about some of the geometrical shapes like cuboid, cube, cylinder, cone, sphere, triangular prism, etc.
- Jul 16, Types of Lines |Straight Lines|Curved Lines|Horizontal Lines| Verticalon July 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm
What are the different types of lines? There are two different kinds of lines. (i) Straight line and (ii) Curved line. There are three different types of straight lines. (i) Horizontal lines, (ii) Vertical lines and (iii) Oblique or slanting lines.
- Jul 14, Worksheet on Conversion of Rupees and Paise |Money Conversion|Currencyon July 14, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Practice the questions given in the worksheet on rupees and paise to convert the given amount of money into paise and to convert the given amount of money into rupees. I. Convert the following money
- Jul 10, Word Problems on Subtraction of Money | Subtracting With Moneyon July 10, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Let us consider some of the word problems on subtraction of money. We have solved the problems in both the methods i.e., with conversion into paise and without conversion into paise.
- Jul 9, Money Bills | Prepare a Bill for the Purchases | Copy of an Invoiceon July 9, 2021 at 8:10 pm
We often buy things and then we get money bills of the items. The shopkeeper gives us a bill containing information about what we purchase. Different items purchased by us, their rates and the total
- Jul 8, Worksheet on Bills | Bills & Billing of Different Items |Cost of itemson July 8, 2021 at 8:23 pm
We will practice the questions given in the worksheet on bills and billing of different items. We know bill is a slip of paper on which a shopkeeper notes down the requirements of a buyer
- Jul 7, Subtraction of Money | Subtraction with Conversion, without Conversionon July 7, 2021 at 8:37 pm
In subtraction of money we will learn how to subtract the amounts of money involving rupees and paise to find the difference. We carryout subtraction with money the same way as in decimal numbers. While subtracting we need to follow that the amounts of money is converted
- Jul 7, Parametric Equation of the Hyperbola |Auxiliary Circle|Transverse Axison July 7, 2021 at 7:50 pm
We will learn in the simplest way how to find the parametric equations of the hyperbola. The circle described on the transverse axis of a hyperbola as diameter is called its Auxiliary Circle.
- Jul 7, Position of a Point with Respect to the Hyperbola | Solved Exampleson July 7, 2021 at 7:37 pm
We will learn how to find the position of a point with respect to the ellipse. The point P (x1, y1) lies outside, on or inside the hyperbola x^2/a^2 – y^2/b^2 = 1 according
- Jul 6, Latus Rectum of the Hyperbola | Definition of the Latus Rectumon July 6, 2021 at 8:30 pm
We will discuss about the latus rectum of the hyperbola along with the examples. Definition of the latus rectum of an hyperbola: The chord of the hyperbola through its one focus
- Jul 6, Two Foci and Two Directrices of the Hyperbola|A Point on the Hyperbolaon July 6, 2021 at 8:22 pm
We will learn how to find the two foci and two directrices of the hyperbola. Let P (x, y) be a point on the ellipse. x^2/a^2 – y^2/b^2 = 1 or, b^2x^2 – a^2y^2 = a^2b^2 Now form the above diagram