- Find the Number of Combinationson July 30, 2021 at 10:15 am
Learn quickly how to find the number of combinations with this easy to follow lesson.
- Definition of Factorialon July 30, 2021 at 9:11 am
Definition of factorial – Learn how to evaluate the factorial of a number
- Standard Deviation of a Discrete Random Variableon July 30, 2021 at 8:57 am
Learn to compute the standard deviation of a discrete random variable
- Mean of a Discrete Random Variableon July 20, 2021 at 2:08 pm
Learn to calculate the mean of a discrete random variable with this easy to follow lesson
- Discrete Random Variableon June 25, 2021 at 8:04 am
What is a discrete random variable? What is a random variable? Find the answers to these questions here.
- Probability Distribution of a Discrete Random Variableon June 24, 2021 at 9:01 am
What is the probability distribution of a discrete random variable? Learn it fast here with a great lesson.
- Addition Rule for Probabilityon June 18, 2021 at 8:59 am
Learn how to use the addition rule for probability in order to find the probability of the union of two events
- Joint probability – Definition and Exampleson June 16, 2021 at 10:50 am
Learn to find the joint probability with this easy to follow lesson
- Probability of Complementary Eventson June 16, 2021 at 6:07 am
Learn how to find the probability of complementary events with this easy to follow lesson.
- Probability of Independent Eventson June 15, 2021 at 7:25 am
Learn to find the probability of independent events with this easy to follow lesson
- Mutually Exclusive Eventson June 15, 2021 at 6:15 am
What are mutually exclusive events? Definition and examples
- Conditional Probability – Definition and Exampleson June 14, 2021 at 8:40 am
What is conditional probability? Quickly understand it with this easy to follow lesson.
- Marginal Probability – Definition and Exampleson June 14, 2021 at 5:27 am
What is marginal probability? Get a thorough and crystal clear explanation with this lesson created by a former math teacher.
- What is Probability? Definition and Exampleson June 13, 2021 at 7:31 am
What is probability? Definition, formula, and examples of classical probability, relative frequency of probability, and subjective probability
- Simple and Compound Eventson June 11, 2021 at 12:38 pm
Learn the difference between simple and compound events with this easy to follow lesson.
- Sample Space Diagram – Definition and Exampleon June 11, 2021 at 12:25 pm
What is a sample space diagram? A sample space diagram is a diagram used to describe a sample space.
- Statistics Made Easy – Free Lessonson June 9, 2021 at 5:35 pm
Statistics made easy – We will provide you with a solid introduction to statistics along with concise and easy to follow lessons
- Percentiles and Percentile Rankon June 2, 2021 at 6:28 am
What are percentiles and percentile rank? Definition and formula you can use.
- Quartiles and Interquartile Rangeon June 1, 2021 at 1:33 pm
What are quartiles and interquartile range? Definition and examples.
- Empirical Ruleon June 1, 2021 at 1:17 pm
What is empirical rule? Get an answer here quickly with crystal clear explanations. Just like the Chebyshev’s theorem, we can use the rule to find….
- Chebyshev’s Theoremon May 31, 2021 at 7:32 am
What is Chebyshev’s Theorem? Definition and straightforward examples so you can understand it fast.
- Variance and Standard Deviation for Grouped Dataon May 31, 2021 at 6:36 am
Learn about variance and standard deviation for grouped data with an easy to follow lesson.
- Standard Deviationon May 28, 2021 at 8:49 am
What is standard deviation? Crystal clear explanation of what the standard deviation is. Learn to calculate it and understand how the formula was derived.
- Measures of Dispersionon May 28, 2021 at 6:47 am
What are measures of dispersion? Explanations and examples.
- Difference between Parameter and Statisticon May 27, 2021 at 8:16 am
What is the difference between parameter and statistic? The difference between parameter and statistic is simple as you shall see …
- Midrange of a Data Seton May 27, 2021 at 6:53 am
What is the midrange of a data set? Definition and examples
- Relationship between the Mean, Median, and Modeon May 26, 2021 at 10:45 am
What is the relationship between the mean, median, and mode?
- Best Measure of Centeron May 26, 2021 at 9:51 am
What is the best measure of center? Learn if you should use the mean, the median, the mode, or the midrange for your statistical data.
- Mean from a Frequency Tableon May 25, 2021 at 6:53 am
Find the mean from a frequency table when you don’t know the exact values in the classes.
- Arithmetic Mean in Statisticson May 24, 2021 at 9:29 am
What is the arithmetic mean? Definition and examples in statistics
- Organizing and Displaying Data in Statisticson May 21, 2021 at 8:37 am
Find out how to organize and display data for qualitative and quantitative data using bar graphs, pie graphs, histograms, polygons and stem-and-leaf display.
- Cumulative Frequency Distributionon May 20, 2021 at 8:58 am
What is the cumulative frequency distribution? We find the cumulative frequency distribution for a class by adding the frequency of that class to…
- Shapes of Histogramson May 19, 2021 at 9:48 am
Learn about the different shapes of histograms. The three most common of these shapes are skewed, symmetric, and uniform.
- Graphs of Quantitative Dataon May 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Graphs of quantitative data, also called grouped data, can be displayed using a histogram or a polygon. Learn how to make histograms using raw data
- Less than Method for Writing Classeson May 17, 2021 at 9:40 am
Learn to use the less than method for writing classes to make frequency tables, calculate relative frequency, and percentage.
- Construction of a Frequency Distribution Tableon May 16, 2021 at 8:13 am
Construction of a frequency distribution table using a guideline and raw data
- Procedure for Constructing a Frequency Tableon May 15, 2021 at 4:33 pm
The procedure for constructing a frequency table for a set of quantitative data is straightforward.
- Frequency Distribution of Quantitative Dataon May 15, 2021 at 8:05 am
What is a frequency distribution of quantitative data? Learn here with a crystal clear lesson.
- Display of Qualitative Dataon May 14, 2021 at 9:36 am
Display of qualitative data with bar graphs and pie graphs.
- How to Find Relative Frequencyon May 14, 2021 at 8:35 am
What is the relative frequency? Here is how to find the relative frequency using the frequency distribution table
- Frequency Distribution – Definition and Exampleon May 14, 2021 at 7:52 am
what is a frequency distribution? A frequency distribution can be used to organize quantitative variables…
- Raw Data – Definition and Exampleson May 14, 2021 at 6:59 am
What is raw data? Learn the difference between quantitative data and qualitative data
- Introduction to Statistics – Important Basic Terms Explainedon May 12, 2021 at 12:36 pm
An introduction to statistics as you explore basic terms used in statistics frequently.
- Cross Section Dataon May 12, 2021 at 11:53 am
Explanation of cross-section data in statistics. A cross-section data shows information about different…
- Time-series Data – Definition and Exampleon May 7, 2021 at 6:29 pm
A time-series data shows information about the same subject or element of a sample or population for different periods of time.
- Types of Variables in Statisticson May 6, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Types of variables in statistics – quantitative, qualitative, discrete, continuous, independent, and dependent.
- Variable, Element, Data Set, and Observationon May 6, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Variable, element, data set, and observation – Learn the meaning of these basic terms in statistics important
- Common Sampling Methodson May 5, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Learn the 5 common sampling methods of choosing a sample such as random sample, convenience sample, cluster sample, stratified sample, and systematic sample.
- Representative Sample – Definition and Exampleson May 5, 2021 at 12:44 pm
What is a representative sample? Guidelines to follow to ensure that the sample is a representative sample
- What is a survey? Definition and Exampleson May 4, 2021 at 11:02 am
What is a survey? A survey is the collection of information from all members of either a sample or a …
- What is the Difference between Population and Sample?on May 4, 2021 at 10:22 am
The difference between population and sample is explained in this lesson with real-life examples.
- What is Statistics? Definition and Exampleson May 3, 2021 at 11:22 am
What is statistics? The word statistics can mean two different things. First, it may refer to numerical facts …
- Types of Statisticson May 3, 2021 at 10:48 am
There are the two types of statistics in applied statistics. These are inferential statistics and …